Web Developer, Senior Systems Architect
I enjoy working with designers and end users to create beautiful, user-friendly websites and applications. I love standards, clean code, search engine visibility and accessibility.
Senior Systems Architect February 2013 - October 2014
I managed a team the that developed custom CRM software, systems administration and worked on the customer facing site.
- MVC/OOP PHP programming using CakePHP 2.x and MySQL
- Porting legacy system to CakePHP
- Integration with QuickBooks Online Edition
- RackSpace Cloud/Ubuntu Linux systems administration
Senior Systems Architect/Software Development Manager November 2009 - January 2013
I led a team that maintains and extends TruHearing's in-house CRM and websites. The CRM includes a custom ordering system used by thousands of hearing aid providers, software used by the customer service and provider relations call centers, and member signups.
- MVC/OOP PHP programming using CakePHP 1.3 and Postgresql 8.4
- Front-end UI development using jQuery 1.42, 960 Grid and Hartija
- Realtime Ajax notification system using Node.js
- QuickBooks integration using ConsoliBYTE's PHP DevKit
- Contributed patches to ConsoliBYTE's PHP DevKit
- Digium SwitchVox integration
Freelance Programmer 2002 - November 2009
For several years I worked as a freelancer helping companies build and maintain their websites. During this time I worked on hundreds of websites and web applications.
- Custom web and software programming
- Advanced application development
- Web content management tools that allow easy updates
- E-commerce solutions including inventory systems and shopping carts
- Search engine friendly design and optimization
- Interactive customer communication and service applications
NAI Utah Commercial Real Estate
At NAI I did design and GIS work creating fliers, maps, brochures, direct mail pieces, etc. I also helped the manager of the department take care of other office IT needs. I started getting into web programming when I redesigned their website, did some HTML email pieces and developed their intranet.
- Supervised projects and team members
- Developed and implemented marketing strategies with senior management
- Designed direct mail, brochures, and other promotional materials
- Managed development and design of corporate website
- Administered file and IIS servers on Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000
- Created thematic and aerial maps using ArcView 3.2
- Developed custom applications
I have worked with a long list of programming languages, frameworks, operating systems, content management systems and applications. I've included only my core competencies and recently used skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Magallanes scripted deploy