Web Developer, Senior Systems Architect, Website Performance Specialist
Hi, I’m Levi. For the past 15 years, I've enjoyed working with designers and stakeholders to create fast, beautiful, user-friendly websites and applications. I love standards, clean code, search engine visibility, Initial D, car racing, and vodka martinis (shaken or stirred).
- A passion for clean code
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- The ability to think critically and solve problems
- Real, practical experience—not just a list of certifications
- An inquisitive mind that likes learning new things
Front End Engineer April 2015 - Present
Distributor Data Solutions
I work on a team creating a big data solution for electrical distributor websites.
- Created AngularJS demo application to showcase DDS's API
- Created AngularJS/mongodb ticketing tracking system for internal use
- Developed customer integrations using Java
- Programmed corporate website
- Setup Jenkins CI server on AWS with CodeDeploy integration
- Amazon Web Services
- Unit testing
Freelance Web Development October 2014 - April 2015
I took a break to freelance with a focus on cool innovative projects and learning new technologies.
I have done several mini projects for Pixel Crane taming Adobe Edge Animate interactions which have a tendency to misbehave.
I'm doing some work for HingeTest, a company that focuses on improving website traffic and conversions.
Senior Systems Architect February 2013 - October 2014
I managed a 4-member team that developed custom CRM software, systems administration and worked on the customer facing site.
- MVC/OOP PHP programming using CakePHP 2.x and MySQL
- Porting legacy system to CakePHP
- Integration with QuickBooks Online Edition
- RackSpace Cloud/Ubuntu Linux systems administration
- Made significant SEO and performance upgrades
Senior Systems Architect/Software Development Manager November 2009 - January 2013
I led a team that maintains and extends TruHearing's in-house CRM and customer facing websites. The CRM includes a custom ordering system used by thousands of hearing aid providers, software used by the customer service and provider relations call centers, and member signups.
- MVC/OOP PHP programming using CakePHP 1.3 and Postgresql 8.4
- Front-end UI development using jQuery, 960 Grid and Hartija
- Realtime websockets notification system using Node.js
- QuickBooks integration using ConsoliBYTE's PHP DevKit
- Contributed patches to ConsoliBYTE's PHP DevKit
- Digium SwitchVox integration
Freelance Programmer 2002 - November 2009
For several years I had my own business where I worked as a freelancer or consultant helping companies build and maintain their websites — either directly or as a subcontractor for various designers, marketing agencies and other businesses. During this time I worked on hundreds of websites and web applications.
- Custom web and software programming
- Advanced application development
- Website performance optimization
- Wordpress and other content management tools
- E-commerce, inventory and CRM solutions
- Garbett Homes - website, crm
- Bryson Garbett for Senate - website
- Deer Valley Ski Resort - website, flash interactive trail map
- Utah First Credit Union - website
- Online Community Solutions - website, crm
- Hamlet Homes - award winning website
- Fibrowellness - website
- Fackeral Farms - website
- Sunnahae Lodge - website
- Lodge at Red River Ranch - website
- Iomega - landing pages
- Proline Range Hoods - website, SEO, e-commerce, multi-store site inventory system
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - UI/UX for several applications, private leadership blog
- Trakit GPS - UI/UX for fleet management application
- Solex - UI/UX front end development
- UtahWeb - systems administration
- Mrs. Fields/TCBY - Salesforce Integration
Art Director 2000-2002
NAI Utah Commercial Real Estate
At NAI, I did design and GIS work creating maps, brochures, direct mail pieces, etc. I also helped the manager of the department take care of other office IT needs. I started getting into web programming when I redesigned their website, did some HTML email pieces and developed their intranet.
- Managed development and design of corporate website
- Administered file and IIS servers on Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000
- Created thematic and aerial maps using ArcView 3.2
- Developed custom applications
I have worked with a long list of programming languages, frameworks, operating systems, content management systems and applications. I've included only my core competencies and recently used skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Magallanes scripted deploy